Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Wedding Pages

My Wedding... Ahhh Well it was nothing to oohh and aahh about that's for sure, as we were married in a courthouse by a justice of the peace and there were hardly any guests. BUT that's not the story my scrapbook has to tell now is it? Now since I didn't have any money and what I did have I spent on my dress I needed to get alittle creative. First I thought I would need a guest registry book or something, but as I mentioned above there was hardly any guests. So what I decided I would do was make a page for my scrapbook and have everyone sign that!





As you can see here I traced Cutouts of a star and cutouts of wedding rings to give it an Army Wedding look. Since my husband was/is new to the army and we were getting married so I could move on base with him, it seemed appropriate. I used acryalic paint and stencils for the lettering. This is something I came up with at the last minute, but I think it came out nice anyways.






This is one of my most favorite pages I've made! My friend Laurie told me when I got married that I needed something Old, something New, something Borrowed, and something Blue. Ok well I had everything except the Blue. I decided for my bouquet and the bouquet I gave my daughter and Lauries daughter would have Blue Daisys! Daisys are my favorite flower. I went to the local grocery store that sold flowers and combined the blue and the white daisys! After the marriage took place I pressed some of the flowers in a phonebook for a few weeks, till they were dry. Then I printed out an 8x10 photo of my daughter and cut her image out. I used a striped background that had the colors of the daisys. I made the brown paper behind the daisys simply by tearing the paper. I placed lament paper over the flowers to keep them in place.




For my husbands page I really wasn't sure where to go with this one. I was tryig to coordinate with the Guest page so the colors match, and the lettering is the same acrylic paint with stenciling. I had a piece of ribbon that looked like one similar to his uniform so I sort of weaved that in the stars to give it a side border kind of appearance. To also coordinate with my daughters page I used an 8x10 cutout as well! And this is all I have for my wedding photos so far. I haven't made a page for myself because I have I guess you could call it scrappers block. Whenever I decide to make on tho I'll be sure to post it!

1 comment:

  1. Daisy's are also one of my favorite flowers. I think your pages came out great and I can't wait to see the page of YOU!

    And Angelina is beautiful as always :)

    ReplyDelete